cuteblogbg

Monday, April 29, 2013

Clawing my way back up for air

Whew!  It's been a rocky ride, and I've been terribly absent, but I'm happy to say that the Handyverger kitty with cancer is in remission!   Turns out chemo for cats isn't nearly as rough as chemo for people.  Thank goodness.  We couldn't have put Sir Lancelot through that.  We're so happy, and although we don't know how long it will last, we're thrilled he's still with us - and he's absolutely thriving.

I mean, really - lookit that face!

That being said, I've been able accomplish a lot around the house and in the yard.  The biggest thing we've accomplished is paying someone else to rip out the overgrown, terribly dated shrubs in our front yard.  It's amazing how much bigger our little ranch house looks!  We need to figure out what we're replacing them with, but since it's safer to start planting after the first week of May, here in New England, we're working on it.

In the meanwhile, I found some pansies and gave them a new home, and I added some landscape lighting.  I chose solar lights for ease of installation, but I made some customizations to fancy them up. Pictures to follow! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sad you're kitty had cancer! Happy he's in remission. He is so pretty - such unusual eyes! I came over from YHL forum because I'm child-free so I'm interested in other child-free bloggers (I found your link on that thread). I'm excited to look around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, did I ever reply to your comment? I'm so, so sorry if I didn't! I'm trying so hard to get back into the blogging swing of things. :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete