cuteblogbg

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I'm dreaming of a turquoise Christmas

Well, turquoise and red, to be precise.  Since so much of my house is decorated in turquoise, I decided to punch it up a bit with hints of red and silver.

The wreath is one I found at Michaels, to which I added ornaments and a pretty bow.  The bow itself is made from satin fabric, rather than ribbon.  For the record, all the ornaments are shatterproof.  With five cats, it's sort of important!  

The candles are apple crisp scented.  I removed the labels and painted on snowflakes with matte white acrylic paint.  It was super easy!  

The pumpkin... see below.



This is a mini-pumpkin that I bought much earlier this fall. A few coats of white acrylic paint, a brushing of pearl blue paint, and sprinkles of fake "snow," and there you have it.

I liked it so much, I did a few other colors.


At first I wasn't so sure about the turquoise and red combination.  It's a little unconventional, but I've decided I love it.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete