cuteblogbg

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Holiday decorations & why I've been scarce

Hello, all!

I've been terribly scarce lately, and it's not because I don't love you.  We've been having issues with a sick kitty in the Handyverger home, so I'm afraid design and decor have been pretty low on my priority list.  The bad news is Sir Lancelot has lymphoma.  The good news is that we're treating it, and so far, so good.  We have no idea how long we'll have him with us, but for now, he's happy, active, playing and eating - it's all we can ask for!  We're trying to enjoy every moment we have with him, and with the other "kids."
 


Lancelot sleeping under the prayer shawl 
given to him by one of the 
chaplains at my hospital.



That being said, Lancelot has had a good day, so I took some time to do a tiny bit of decorating for the holiday season.

Balls!  (That's what she said.)


My pineapple sage is still sort-of kicking.  It looks much better with the polka-dot bows.


It's hard to see from here, but there are glittery floral picks in each of the pots of greenery.


I trimmed some boughs from the bushes around the house (which are way overgrown, by the way), and arranged them in my now-empty flower pots.  A few bows and a few shiny pine cone ornaments later, and there you have it!

I also did a tiny bit of decorating indoors.





 Couldn't we all use a little peace this season?

Lancelot and his dad.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Lance under the prayer shawl!! So cute - and how nice of the chaplain :)

    *HUGS*

    Love the decoration!!

    ReplyDelete