cuteblogbg

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Painting and Puns

In addition to working a lot, I've found some time to paint this summer.



Summer Haze

"You know how the time flies

Only yesterday was the time of our lives

We were born and raised in a summer haze
Bound by the surprise of our glory days."


I always think of my angel-kitty Pippin when I hear this song by Adele. This painting was for him.




Now for the pun... One day, my orange tabbycat, Karma, wandered by, and I was struck by just how geometric his spots and stripes are.  And then I thought about how popular ikat prints are lately.




And this is what happened. 


 Icat
I think my next painting might be a Mewzanni.  Followed by a Pawsley.


Finally, I'm working on something more autumnal.  The working title is "Autumn Fire."  I can't show the whole painting, but here's a preview.






Cheers!
Mrs. H.

Sharing at:
DIY by Design's Sizzle into Summer party
Krafty Kat's Gettin' Krafty With It party

3 comments:

  1. love your header...5 cats, lol. what a great ikat kitty picture, that is so creative to see that. and i love those obligatory cat picture, i'm allll for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Icat! I actually have the fabric in the first picture you showed of ikat and I made some cafe curtains for my kitchen with it! I can't wait to see the whole autumn painting. I would love to start painting. I think I would really enjoy it. Thanks for linking up to Gettin' Krafty With It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, "Icat"-- haha, I love it!

    ReplyDelete